Guest post provided by CloudLinux
Reaching a high level of stability can be difficult, sometimes unachievable, for many shared hosting companies. Sudden resource usage spikes, increases in traffic, and hacker attacks are some of the problems system administrators cope with everyday. For years, this has been accepted as a cost of doing business. It costs money, it costs time and, more importantly, it costs customer trust. Therefore, it is time to consider changing the underlying OS to eliminate those costs.
CloudLinux was released to the market in 2010. Today, it is a must-have for any web host who cares about stability, security, and churn. It is used by more than 2,000 hosting companies on 20,000+ servers. CloudLinux is interchangeable with CentOS so any SysAdmin will feel right at home. Yet, it was specifically optimized for shared hosting. Web hosts that user CloudLinux report higher uptime, significant improvements in density (as much as 5x), 4x decrease in number of reboots, and 10x decrease in number of account suspension they have to perform. It has also produced a significant decrease in churn for a number of customers.
The software specifically made for web hosts running cPanel control panel with multiple accounts. If you are a shared host, or a design company that has to host sites on behalf of the client – CloudLinux is your friend.
CloudLinux + cPanel =
- Improved stability by limiting the resources any single user can consume
In shared hosting, the most common reason for downtime is a single account slowing down other accounts on the server. Using cPanel & WHM software with CloudLinux utilizes innovative Lightweight Virtual Environment (LVE) technology, improving the density and stability of your shared hosting environment for all tenants.
- Advanced server security
With unique CageFS technology, CloudLinux encapsulates each customer, preventing users from seeing each other and viewing sensitive information. It also prevents a large number of attacks, including most privilege escalation and information disclosure attacks.
- Increased server efficiency
By monitoring and containing resource spikes, CloudLinux eliminates the need to leave server resources idle, providing you with the ability to host twice as many accounts on your cPanel & WHM server.
- Multiple PHP versions
Using CloudLinux together with cPanel & WHM software gives your customers with the flexibility to choose the PHP version that they need. This includes versions 4.4, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5 as well as more than 50 PHP extensions and the ability to adjust php.ini settings.
- Hardened kernel
The shared hosting environment is unlike any other and the CloudLinux kernel takes that into account. It can protect against symlink attacks and trace exploits, while restricting the visibility of ProcFS to only what is necessary — making your cPanel & WHM servers more secure.
- Admin interface within cPanel & WHM software to easily manage account usage
Within cPanel & WHM, CloudLinux gives you and your clients the visibility and accessibility to see and control the exact resource usage of each website.
What value does offering CloudLinux bring to my cPanel clients?
As a cPanel Partner NOC, you can quickly activate CloudLinux via Manage2. You will be able to sell and license CloudLinux as well as receive a consolidated bill for both cPanel & WHM and CloudLinux. License configuration is available through our On-Demand license system via API or the Web.
Because we highly value your immediate needs, we’re providing direct Enterprise, Priority, and Complimentary support for CloudLinux in the exact same fashion that we do for our core products. We’ve also integrated the CloudLinux support team into our ticket system to provide you with the best possible experience. Single-source support means that you will always receive our best for your web hosting services. You will also be entitled to submit tickets to CloudLinux support directly.
Integration with CloudLinux gives you a great opportunity to purchase its solutions at a discounted price and resell it to your customers. It also means using all the privileges of its Partner Program:
- Additional revenue opportunities with excellent margins
- Automated ordering through our API
- Easy-to-use, IP-based licensing
- Marketing support and content
- Participation in joint press releases
- Access to the Partner Portal
- Unlimited 24/7 dedicated support, including elevation to developers, if required
- Full set of materials, marketing assistance, and sales aids for successful promotion. CloudLinux is a devoted partner, committed to helping you grow your own business with all necessary marketing and sales tools.
- Less downtime, more stability, and happier customers for shared hosts. This means faster growth and increased server use. As your customers’ servers become more stable, you can expect them to contact your support less frequently.
- 24/7 dedicated technical support for your customers, removing some of the burden associated with dealing with OS-related issues. You don’t have to worry about anything — the highest level of our support service will satisfy even the most demanding client.